Courses Provide First Aid HLTAID003
Provide First Aid HLTAID003
Get the latest thinking in first aid and manage an emergency with confidence (sometimes known as Senior first aid, level 2 first aid etc)
HLTAID003 Provide first aid. This is the current government approved course and the generalist first aid course that employers in Australia require.
All students studying nationally recognised training in Australia are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
There are no entry requirements for this qualification; however it is recommended that students have sufficient literacy, numeracy and visual interpretation skills to successfully complete the course.
Recommended for students over 14yrs only.
- how to properly assess an emergency situation
- CPR techniques on adults and infants
- using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- first aid procedures for bleeding, burns and fractures
- managing medical conditions such as anaphylaxis, asthma and seizures
- managing medical emergencies such as snake/spider bites, poisons and
- infection control procedures
- managing exposure to extreme temperatures
- administering first aid for eye & soft tissue injuries
- assessing and moving sick & injured
- legal responsibilities of a first aider
- basic anatomy and physiology
- managing shock
Duration / Flexibility
8 hours face-to-face
Qualifications & Recognition
1-day course with 3 Units of Competency from the new HLT Health Training Package recorded on your Statement of Attainment issued the same day:
HLTAID001 Provide CPR
HLTAID002 Provide basic emergency life support
HLTAID003 Provide first aid