For over 15 year Skills On Safety Pty Ltd (SOS) has been a consultant for work health and safety to Small to Medium Enterprises (SME) right through to ASX Listed companies.
We are industry experts with tertiary qualifications and NSW / QLD accreditations.
SOS customise safety and training solutions that get results in the workplace using a positive approach with constructive criticism.
We believe that getting workers to take ownership of their work leads to safer workplaces.
SOS will train your workers to be deemed competent in the work they do with the evidence to prove it.
We will develop training, policies and procedures that meet and exceed regulatory compliance.
We encourage all clients to be pro-active rather than reactive when it comes to WHS compliance. As the cost of doing nothing when it comes to working health and safety can sometimes be the biggest cost of all.
In business, you need the 3 C’s
- Workers need to be competent
- Workers need to be confident in the work they do
- Workers must have currency in their skills
Why you need them
- Competency for safety, efficiency and profitability
- Confident workers make for great role models and promote healthy workplaces.
- Currency proves current knowledge and competence in the workplace.
How it’s done
- Competency is task-specific training. We gather information from business owners and staff, from that we deliverer training that is cost-effective, simple and precise. Competency is also Verification of Competencies (VOC’s)
- Confidence building helps workers to open and accept that they can achieve and understand more than they previously thought, SOS coaches and builds the workers strengths showing how easy it is and as they say (once you know it’s easy).
- Currency maintains the skills, knowledge and experience that’s required in the workplace, sometimes workers find reading the operators manual or WHS guides is too difficult. SOS develops documents that are simple and precise to suit the machinery, equipment and plant being operated.
About the Director Craig Freeman
Craig started his career as a boilermaker and worked in a diverse range of environments including small fabrication shops, chemical & power plants, steel & sugar mills as well as mining, oil and gas.
Craig’s attitude towards safety and attention to detail soon saw him take on supervisory roles and quality control roles within the companies he worked for.
In early 2002 Craig decided to shift his attention to OHS and WHS and became a full-time trainer and assessor within his newly established company Skills On Safety.
By 2005 Skills on Safety had trained over 10000 people and was operating out of an office in Frances Street, Tweed Heads where forklifts, EWP’s, telehandlers and cranes were often seen in operation in the adjoining yard.
Skills On Safety extended their service offering to writing SWMS, procedures, safety management plans for companies as well as auditing their workplaces.
Skills On Safety continued to thrive which allowed Craig to step back and pursue other WHS interests including Safety advisor for mine site shuts, mine site auditing, off shore oil rigs shuts, demolition of quarries and risk management advisor to government agencies.
Why Choose Us?
We write SWMS and risks assessments in a language that is simple and precise
We Develop work procedures from best work practices within the legal requirements
We are experts in writing policies that are in tune with the business
We provide specific training for tools and equipment
We can provide training on your site when needed ASAP (day or night)
All training materials are developed specifically for your business