Courses Traffic Controller
Traffic Controller control traffic with a Stop/Slow bat.
This course does not qualify a participant to set up or work with traffic control plans.
This program is a good entry point for those wishing to establish themselves into the traffic control/management industry
All students studying nationally recognised training in Australia are required to have a Unique Student Identifier (USI).
Although not necessary to complete the course the Safe Work NSW (WorkCover) White Card is necessary to obtain employment in the Traffic Control Industry
Must have adequate PPE for practical component (covered shoes, long sleeve shirt, long pants, gloves, sun glasses, hat etc.)
·Control traffic with a stop/slow bat – RIIWHS205D
·Work safely and follow WHS processes – RIIWHS201D
·Communicate in the workplace – RIICOM201D
Duration / Flexibility
Option 1: 2 days for new entrants to the Industry.
Option 2: 1 day, Recognition of Current Competency – RCC
This course provides a re-assessment for Participants who are licenced to set up and work with Traffic Control Guidance Plans/Traffic Control Plans (TCGS/TCP) at a work site and require renewal.
Evidence to supply (from previous work)
· Verified copies of previous licence that is either current or which has expired within 30 days of enrolling into this course.
· A 3rd Party report which is to be completed by the Participant’s Supervisor
· Documented evidence which must include:
– Certified copies of TCGS/TCP that the Participant has been involved in implementing and an accompanying Road Occupancy Licence (ROL) or Permits for these TCGS/TCP’s.
– One other type of documentation and/or evidence listed in the Work Samples Checklist.Skills On Safety will deliver [electronically] a set of questions which MUST be completed BEFORE RMS Assessors attend the venue, to observe the participants carrying out the duties.
Please note that if the Pre-course work is not completed the course fees must revert to Option 1.
Qualifications & Recognition
A Statement of Completion will be issued on the day to successful applicants.
Traffic control cards will be sent out by Post, after final assessment which must be completed within 90 days from course completion.
Note: Traffic Control tickets are valid for 3 years, competencies gained have no expiry so re-appraisal is flexible and can be on the job including 3rd party testaments
The course is nationally recognised through inclusion on the Australian Quality Training Framework (AQTF). Workplace Approved throughout Australia.
Option 1: $450
Option 2: $450
Note – Both “Traffic Controller & Implement Traffic Control Plans” cards can be done simultaneously (on the same 2 days) for $850.